Thursday, February 13, 2020

Transformers - Revenge Of The Fallen (2009)

Sam tries to leave his old Transformers adventures behind and lead a normal life but he is somehow mystically connected to all of it and is targeted for it.

To speak about Transformers ... How does one talk about something they can't define? Really now! It has no beginning, no end, it's not a film, nor animation, or just not enough of any category to be labelled as anything. However, you could actually say the complete opposite - it has a bit of of everything - comedy (yes ... honestly - a few nice scenes/lines - and when when I say a few I actually mean more like ... 2), action (action galore of course, but without any meaning, and without coordination, too much automation, too much agglomeration, too much artificiality), SFX (was I the only one who felt like they were watching a cartoon ?!), romance (apparently some ... but only to somehow excuse Megan Fox's presence on screen particularly in many intense moments with extra attention on the ... essential parts), mistery (Indiana Jones would twist in his grave - or rather on dusty shelves). And before anyone tries to argue that I just don't have the taste for the genre, I would like to point out that I do and I really know the genre. If nothing else, a favourable argument to my claim is precisely the fact that I really enjoyed the first Transformers (and on top of that, I used to play with Transformers when I was little). I really wanted to give this a chance and like it and find something good to say about it, but I just had nothing to work with, the movie is just so ... empty and to top it off it also lasts too long.

Director: Michael Bay
With: Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox,  Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, John Turturro, Kevin Dunn

Rating: 4/10

This is a translation of an older post, see it here

No comments:

Post a Comment